Summer Acro Class Level Guidelines:
*Dancers MUST be able to demonstrate the skills listed for each level.
*The Instructor will have the final say in class placement. Any class changes will be made during the first two weeks. Placement is determined based on ability and skill, for the dancers safety.
Beginning Acro 1: 0 to little experience. Dancers may have taken a gymnastics class or two but really don’t have a developed skill set.
Beginning Acro 2: 1-2 years of acro/ gymnastics classes.
Dancers MUST be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Kick to a hand stand
- Cartwheel on 1 side
- Forward and backward roll
- Bridge (with head off the ground), lift one leg
Intermediate Acro: 2-3 years of acro/gymnastics classes.
- All skills listed for Acro 1
- Backbend-kickover (unassisted)
- 1 handed cartwheel
- Hold handstand with proper alignment for 4 counts
- Headstand with leg pattern
- Chest & Elbow stand held for 4 counts